DescriptionWe are seeking a Software Developer III - Mediated Linking
Are you passionate about data and relish the technical aspects of working with it? Do you enjoy interacting collaboratively across technical teams to create software products that truly matter?
Then we want you to bring your smarts, passion and innovative development ideas to our team and help us conquer the challenges of bringing global content that matters to the best research institutions in the world.
The ProQuest Workflow Solutions - Data Technology Team is seeking a Java Developer. This Software Developer will work directly with other developer teams, Data Analysts and QA on the development of mediated links. The work will enable federated searching as well as OPEN URL/predictive linking across both freely accessible and subscription resources. This role requires someone who can play the role of individual contributor as well as domain owner & mentor across 2 different code bases.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Become the on-site expert in our Java- based federation search connections as well as OpenURL linkers
- Developer on mediated links usable in 2 distinct products with differing base technologies
- Mentor & escalation point for small remote development team and non-developer team-mates
- Track and report item status
- Collaborate with Data Analyst and Quality Assurance to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Own monthly deployment process in collaboration with our Operations team
- Troubleshooting, unit testing and bug tracking
- Participation in code/product assessment with a goal of determining process improvement and cross-code reusability
What you'll have experience doing:
- 3+ years of professional Java software development experience
- XML and XSLT
- Understanding of networks: TCP/IP, routing, proxies, subnets, etc.
- Knowledge of source control systems and bug tracking software
- Experience mentoring or training others
- Ability and willingness to bring creative solutions to the table
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the ASP (Application Service Provider) business model
- Library science knowledge a big plus
- Ruby scripting skills
Here’s what you want to know about the Seattle office
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont’s best pub
Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active “Green Team” and good morale
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 20:29 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC