DescriptionLAC Group seeks a Systems Librarian (Product Ops) for a prominent library technology solutions organization in Northern California. The ideal candidate for this position will be an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Please note: Remote employment is not available.
- Provide extensive email and phone customer support to libraries using software products on large multi-user UNIX systems.
- Coordinate support of integrated products.
- Implement and configure options and software for new installations in production and beta environments.
- Participate in the development and support of connector technology
- Provide instruction to staff on features and functionality.
- Assist in the creation and ongoing development of processes and procedural documentation for internal and external use.
- Facilitate communication between various departments.
- Other service and support tasks as needed.
- MLS, MLIS, Computer Science degree or equivalent. Working knowledge of library operations strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with UNIX, Apache, Tomcat, SQL queries.
- Experience with Open URL and link resolver technologies preferred.
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Facility for learning new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide exceptional customer service in a rapidly changing environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Scripting skills highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while being a positive and supportive team member.
How to apply
Published: Friday, July 20, 2012 14:24 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC