Technical Product Support Specialist
Created: May 21, 2014
ProQuest Ann Arbor0 other recent jobs
Are you an outstanding problem solver?
Do you enjoy working with customers and being seen as a source of product expertise?
Can you take complex technical specifications and turn them into simple, easy-to-understand explanations?
Are you familiar with the demands and challenges of today’s libraries?
The Technical Product Support Specialist for ProQuest’s ebrary e-book platform use their extensive product expertise to help solve problems for librarians, library users, library administrators, and internal sales reps and are recognized as the source of technical product knowledge and solutions related to ebrary.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Provide Superior Service - Support librarians and patrons in getting the most out of ebrary e-books, provide assistance as well as become an advisor to differentiate our offerings
- Solve Authentication and Content Discovery Issues - Serve as the primary technical resource for these services
- Author - Identify documentation gaps and enrich the self-help with thought topics and articles
- Communicate Effectively - Provide technical support primarily via email, but also by phone
- Stay Connected - Maintain alignment with ebrary sales reps, trainers, and marketing team to provide consistent service
What you'll have experience doing:
- 2+ years of technical customer support experience
- Passion for customer service in a technical environment
- Excellent problem solving and technical skills
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn, master, and then describe new technology
- Ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
- Experience with remote authentication methods such as: Shibboleth, Athens, EZproxy, etc.
- Experience with Discovery tools such as: Worldcat, Summon, etc.
- An MLIS degree (especially with an emphasis in Electronic Resources) or library experience
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 18:41 UTC