Software Engineer II
Created: May 21, 2014
ProQuest Ann Arbor0 other recent jobs
DescriptionWe’re seeking a new Software Engineer II.
We're located in a unique part of Seattle (Fremont), seeking a software engineer working on creating an enterprise level web scale management application. This a great opportunity to code as well as be involved in looking at the bigger picture.
Still interested? Read on...
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Work with Customers, UX and Business Analyst to design an efficient and scalable solution
- Work with fellow developers on web site and API development
- Work closely with Program Manager and QA staff during product development
- Create unit tests for developed code and participate in code reviews
- Follow development standards and processes set in place
What you'll have experience doing:
- 3+ years of OO coding experience (eg. Java)
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experienced working in and understanding of SDLC
- Strong communicator with technical and non-technical team members
- BSC in Computer Science
- Library industry experience big plus
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum methodology
Here’s what you want to know about the Seattle office
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont’s best pub
Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active “Green Team” and good morale
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 00:05 UTC