Senior Software Engineer
Created: July 19, 2012
EBSCO Information Services Ipswich0 other recent jobs
DescriptionWe are now seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work on new projects and enhance existing solutions for domestic and international markets. Our Search Engine team is focused on continuously improving the EBSCOhost.com search experience. Our projects include advanced information-retrieval algorithms, ranking and search precision, clustering, indexing, speed, scalability & resource efficiency, manageability and internationalization. Research, analyze, design, develop and sustain a large-scale, high-volume information search and retrieval system running on Linux and Windows platforms using technologies including C++, Java, SQL, and XML.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, and implementation of solutions supporting robust multilingual search solutions.
- Understand and sustain all search components and interfaces.
- Research, prototype and present new search and clustering technologies.
- Contribute to the design of large-scale ontology and vocabulary management technology for multilingual thesauri.
- Work closely with the Search team on relevancy ranking measurement and algorithmic improvements.
- Support QA team on test planning, developing test cases, and test execution during testing phase.
- 5+ year’s experience: Search and Information Retrieval technologies and concepts; Natural Language processing and/or machine learning; Working with Unicode and non-Latin character sets and character encoding issues.
- Fluency in at least one Non-English language.
- 2+ year’s experience developing context-free grammars and state machines; processing, storing, reporting on large amounts of data; developing projects on Linux; using diagrams, charts and graphs to convey core architecture concepts in a presentation to management
- Excellent verbal communication
- Excellent written communication
- Positive attitude & team player
- Strong analytical abilities
- Innovative Thinker
- Customer Focused
EBSCO Publishing is a leading provider of research databases for public libraries, colleges, universities, schools, hospitals, medical institutions, corporations and government institutions worldwide. The EBSCO Publishing Campus is located in Ipswich, Massachusetts along the banks of the Ipswich River. We are just minutes from the MBTA train stop and we provide 100% commuter rail reimbursement. EBSCO Publishing offers a competitive employee benefits package including Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental insurance, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, and a retirement savings & profit sharing plan. Considered one of the top places to work in Massachusetts, EBSCO Publishing also offers a subsidized cafeteria, free coffee, an on-site fitness center with classes, and tuition reimbursement.
About the Information and Technology Department
When you join EBSCO Publishing as a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute your skills to the Information Technology Department in Ipswich, MA. This department consists of the following teams: database design, development & production, product management, services engineering, enterprise architecture, enterprise business intelligence, enterprise systems development, systems & networking, and application engineering. There are many diverse IT job positions within these teams.
For more information see https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_ebsco/external_ep/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=8086&localeCode=en-us
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:36 UTC