Technical Program Manager Sr.
Created: May 5, 2014
ProQuest Ann Arbor0 other recent jobs
DescriptionDo you enjoy a challenge of managing product releases across multiple teams?
Do you like leading cross-functional teams from inception to release?
Are you a stickler for details with the experience to know when to flex and when to stand firm?
Proquest Sr. Technical Program Manager partner with product managers to define product requirements and lead cross-functional software development teams from design through delivery. This position involves regular communication with stakeholders and management on status, risks and change control.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Team Captain - Work with Product Managers to define product requirements
- Scrum Master – Lead cross-functional software development teams from design through delivery
- Clear Communicator - Maintain regular communication with stakeholders, management client support and customer implementation teams to ensure product features are launched and communicated correctly
- Authoritative Answers - Capture functional requirements and author associated documents; including software specifications, use cases, business requirements and related artifacts
- Project Management Pro - Manage project schedules, milestones and risks, and communicate them across the organization.
- “Lion Tamer” - Drive and resolve 3rd party relationships, communications, development, contract, legal, support issues
- Support Super-fan - Partner with support staff to help investigate the viability of requirements and enhancements suggested by end users, to ensure that projects and features satisfy business requirements
- Driven do-er - Provide matrixed team leadership and be a driving force in cross-functional process improvement
What you’ll have experience doing:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software functional analysis, QA, product support, development, project or program management with at least 2 years in demonstrated success as Program Manager and bachelors’ degree
- Manages multiple competing projects or tasks with minimal direction from management
- Experience capturing functional requirements and authoring associated documents; including software specifications, use cases, business requirements, project schedules and related artifacts
- Experience in developing and managing project schedules, milestones and risks, and communicating them across the organization
- Understands and assesses critical paths and dependencies for delivering and shipping products and facilitates discussions between project teams, product management and engineering
- Full SDLC experience, particularly in a hosted application environment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly grasp and understand technical problems, concepts, and the underlying technologies used in Web-based applications
- Experience with HTML, XML, APIs and understanding of relational databases required
- Computer Science degree preferred
- Experience in Web-based applications which serve an international audience
- Professional experience coordinating different types of software life cycle methodologies
- Knowledge of the library industry preferred, particularly electronic resources and knowledge base databases
Here’s what you want to know about the Seattle office
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont’s best pub
Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active “Green Team” and good morale
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC
How to apply
Published: Monday, May 5, 2014 23:58 UTC