DescriptionWe're looking for an Sr. SDET.
Located in an unique area of Seattle (Fremont), ProQuest seeks our next technologist who loves to code and break code. As a Sr. Software Developer in Test you will utilize open source technologies like Ruby, Java, and Selenium to develop test automation as well as be instrumental in system level stress and capacity testing. You will work closely with Dev, QA, and IT to create automation in our build environment to ensure consistent levels of software quality. You will own defining, researching, correcting, and retesting defects and new features.
Still interested? Read on...
Some of what you'll be doing:
- AUTOMATION, AUTOMATION, AUTOMATION
- Defining and creating automated test scripts in context with resources
- Representing QA in software requirements and design review inspections
- Researching technical advancements to improve testing for new or existing products
- Driving continuous improvement for existing and new processes
What you'll have experience doing:
- Bachelors Degree and 8+ years in technology doing quality assurance or development in a related role testing multi-tiered applications, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, MS SQL and MySQL databases and working with automated build systems
- A history of effectively working through conflicts to reach effective solutions
Here’s what you want to know about the Seattle office
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont’s best pub
Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active “Green Team” and good morale
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under
About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
How to apply
Published: Monday, May 5, 2014 23:48 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC