Created: May 7, 2014
University of Idaho Moscow0 other recent jobs
DescriptionTo develop and maintain software code for enterprise database and web applications under the direction of a development team supervisor, assigned functional business analysts, and senior developer staff. To provide daily operational support for enterprise database applications and university websites, assisting functional business analyst and senior developers to identify applicaion issues, and implement appropriate corrective actions.
Job Duty Function
Maintain complex software code for enterprise applications By:
- Developing software changes based on documented functional specifications and under the direct supervision of senior developers.
- Applying University coding standards and guidelines to all developed software.
- Unit testing all software changes in an approved pre-production environment.
- Maintaining proper software configuration management using standard ITS processes.
- Participating in code reviews for new software modules.
- Clearly and thoroughly documenting all software code changes.
- Applying documented UI modifications to vendor-provided upgrades.
- Testing all vendor upgrades before applying to the production environment.
- Assisting senior developers with implementation of larger software changes.
- Maintaining the staff documentation library on a regular basis.
- Completing assigned tasks on time as identified by formal project plans.
- Regularly reporting task status to the development supervisor and senior developers.
Support daily operations By:
- Responding to application problems as reported by the functional business analysts.
- Responding to unplanned outages.
- Developing data transfer scripts as needed.
- Assisting the functional business analysts and senior developers with troubleshooting efforts.
Maintain application security By:
- Ensuring that all developed code utilizes appropriate application security structures.
- Minimizing dependencies on non-application based database privileges.
- Minimizing the use of sensitive personal information (SPI) where possible.
- Reporting any undocumented SPI processes to the Director of Enterprise Applications.
Job Duty Function
Maintain Skills Needed to Support Enterprise Applications By:
- Working directly under the guidance of a development supervisor, senior developers, and functional business analysts.
- Reviewing unit-developed procedural documents on a regular basis
- Evaluating new technical products in test environment
- Reviewing available technical documentation and online sources
- Attending professional training and conferences
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field), OR four (4) years of experience programming in one or more procedural languages.
- Ability to work under direction of senior staff
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience in identifying and resolving technical issues
- Experience interacting with clients to determine requirements
- Experience providing technical assistance for database management systems
- Understanding of software life cycle and configuration management concepts
- Disciplined approach to following procedures and completing tasks
Experience with the following technologies:
- Oracle (architecture, SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle Developer Suite).
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Ellucian Banner ERP
- Sitecore Content Management System
- UNIX operating systems
- HTML, CSS, ASP, C#, .NET Framework, Pro*C, Perl, Java, Groovy/Grails
- Apache, ISS, Tomcat
- Mobile development technologies
- Experience with software configuration management tools (CVS, Git, Subversion, Visual SourceSafe, etc.).
- Experience working with application-based security models and coding techniques to prevent software exploits such as SQL injection.
- Solid experience in structured development environments with exposure to formal requirements gathering, coding, configuration management, and testing methodologies.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) or .NET certification highly desirable.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC