DescriptionThe Wolfsonian is looking for a web/community manager to be a key part of our digital engagement and outreach strategies.This is a position with a huge potential for creativity and growth. Help us spread the word!
Plans, maintains, extends, and enhances the museum's online presence, visitor experience, and services. The incumbent should be curious about and versed in emerging web technologies and design trends, and adept at inciting digital projects and providing implementation support and establishing best practices. Collaborates across the institution, in the larger FIU environment, and externally to facilitate a world-class online experience that expands access to and engagement with The Wolfsonian's collections and programs.
- Serves as webmaster for the Wolfsonian's Drupal-based online experience.
- Provides routine technical support and site configuration, facilitates content posting on the website, and maintains security and functionality according to best practices, assessing the current and future needs of the website and network. Works closely with FIU External Relations on social media strategy to ensure brand standards and messaging guidelines.
- Builds on work done to date and works closely with stakeholders across the institution and externally, develops a plan for implementing The Wolfsonian's new media strategy, and conceptualizes new audiences, new modes of outreach, and new forms of participation.
- Collects and analyzes data about The Wolfsonian¿s online community and presents regular and ad hoc reports on effectiveness of various strategies, making recommendations for shifting course where necessary.
- Manages accounts and profiles from external service providers.
- Facilitates electronic communications, including managing e-mail newsletter systems, building and supporting blogs and pages for discrete projects, works with other Wolfsonian teams to coordinate outreach efforts (including listserv announcements, forums postings, blog postings, etc.) to ensure maximum visibility.
- Solicits, coordinates, and pushes out new media content from across the institution. Collaborates with External Relations on all collateral material to ensure FIU brand standards, messaging and guidelines.
- Develops and provides training for content providers.
- Maintains a strong relationship with the FIU Division of IT its subgroups, ensuring service and support as well as influencing policy.
- Manages all vendors of digital services to The Wolfsonian, including developers, coders, etc.; coordinates user testing, and safeguard project budgets and timelines.
- Archives past projects to ensure legacy data is maintained and easily accessible.
Master's degree in an appropriate specialization and two years of experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization and four years of experience.
- Two years minimum experience with Drupal CMS.
- Three years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML, CSS, and XML - working knowledge of XSLT.
- Two years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP and ASP.
- Two years minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools and programming frameworks.
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and ability to drive the development process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to consult directly with clients in the planning and execution of projects.
- Excellent visual design skills, particularly in regards to typography.
- Ability to work within a collaborative, fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated familiarity and comfort working in UNIX/Linux, Windows, and MAC OS operating systems, related software, and basic system administration utilities.
Advertised Salary $65,000 - $75,000
Pre-Employment Requirements Criminal Background Check Fingerprinting Check
To apply for this position please register and fill out an application on the FIU HR Jobs website LINK (Search for Job Opening ID: 507510 or Department: The Wolfsonian)
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 14:36 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC