DescriptionThe Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) University Library (www.ulib.iupui.edu) seeks a creative, energetic, and service oriented individual to serve in a tenure-track position as Humanities Librarian. This librarian is a primary member of the library’s Liberal Arts Group and a secondary member of the library’s Digital Scholarship Team.
As a member of the Liberal Arts Group the Humanities Librarian will serve primarily as librarian liaison to one or more departments in the IUPUI School of Liberal Arts. In this role the librarian is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with the faculty and students of the department. Responsibilities include the design and presentation of instructional materials, developing the library’s collection of discipline-related materials, and providing research assistance to students, faculty, and staff.
As a member of the Digital Scholarship Team the Humanities Librarian will support new and ongoing digital scholarship projects and outreach efforts including working with electronic text and metadata.
IUPUI is an urban research and academic health science university with 20 schools and academic units. Located in downtown Indianapolis, a diverse and affordable mid-sized city, IUPUI enrolls more than 30,000 students. The vision of the IUPUI University Library is to be the innovative leader among urban university libraries. It has a staff of approximately 80 and a budget in excess of $9.5 million.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to student success, an understanding of the IUPUI campus mission, the potential to fulfill the requirements for promotion and tenure, and the ability to work effectively in a team-based organization.
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree
- Baccalaureate or advanced degree in a humanities discipline
- Familiarity with library materials budgets and budget processes
- Ability to foster a collegial and collaborative working environment
- Experience working with at least one electronic text coding or metadata standard, including XML, TEI, MODS, METS, or GIS
- Ability to work well within a team setting and across organizational lines of responsibility
- Experience in teaching and/or instructional design
- Experience contributing to a digital humanities project
- Experience educating university administration, faculty, and/or students about open access and changes in scholarly communication
Deadline for applications is April 25, 2014. The position is available July 1, 2014. Please forward a resume, contact information for four references (include name, title, street address, telephone number, and email address) and a letter of application outlining the strengths you will bring to the position and discussing your ability to contribute to student success at IUPUI. Submit application materials electronically to Teresa McCurry at the following email address: email@example.com.
Published: Sunday, March 30, 2014 09:39 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC