*Digital Repository Manager*
The Brown University Library seeks an energetic and innovative individual for the position of Digital Repository Manager. The Brown Digital Repository (BDR) supports digital scholarship at Brown by providing a platform to use, publish, and curate data and digital collections across the disciplines. The primary responsibility of the Digital Repository Manager is to act as the technical lead for the Brown Digital Repository. The Digital Repository Manger supervises the Digital Repository Programmer and manages projects to create and publish digital collections of scholarly data. S/he collaborates with colleagues across the University in designing applications to retrieve and manipulate collections, and works to establish workflows that ensure the timely and efficient delivery of repository services. The incumbent works with librarians in the Scholarly Resources group to establish data curation and management practices in support of research, and with colleagues in the Library’s Center for Digital Scholarship to explore and implement new technologies that enable scholars to interact more effectively with digital materials. Additionally, the Digital Repository Manager will ensure that the documentation and web presence for repository services are kept current, and will work with stakeholders across campus to enact best practices for data formatting and storage. S/he is expected to maintain a keen awareness of trends in institutional repositories, and to pursue opportunities for enhancing repository services through the adoption of new technologies, linked data practices, funded projects, and partnerships.
· Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree in library/information science, data curation, computer science, or related fields preferred.
· Experience of 3-5 years in the developing and implementing complex web applications using MVC frameworks such as Django or Rails.
· Demonstrated experience with digital repositories and related software, including Fedora and Solr.
· Knowledge of Java or Python.
· Demonstrated experience with Unix or Linux server platforms, related software, and basic system administration utilities.
· Demonstrated understanding of digital library standards (METS, MODS, etc.), data standards (TEI, media formats, etc.) and RDF.
· Familiarity with best practices, standards, and trends in the application of technology in libraries.
· Ability to thrive in an environment of change and to foster that capacity in others.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Ability to learn new technical skills quickly; ability to meet deadlines; strong service-orientation To apply for this position (Job #B01351 (B zero 1351)), please visit Brown’s Online Employment website (https://careers.brown.edu), complete an application online, attach documents, and submit for immediate consideration. Documents should include cover letter, resume, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.. *Brown University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer*.
-- Andrew Ashton Director of Digital Technologies Brown University Library
How to apply
Published: Thursday, September 8, 2011 15:18 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC