DescriptionThe Kreitzberg Library at Norwich University seeks an energetic, tech-savvy and service-oriented librarian to develop and maintain our web services. The Web Services Librarian will play a key role in the vision, design and management of the library’s evolving web presence and services. The successful candidate will have a strong public services orientation and a commitment to learning new skills as the need arises.
This newly aligned position is designed to focus on enhancing and supporting the library’s web services. The librarian will provide leadership for the library’s web presence and associated activities and initiatives. A user-centered approach, applying user experience and information architecture principles, will guide the librarian’s work and the successful candidate will be encouraged to employ user testing and usability studies. This position will also serve as the technical support contact for the Integrated Library System (OCLC WorldShare Management Services), of which Norwich is an early adopter. In this capacity there is ample opportunity for developing web applications to improve library processes and services. As an active member of the library team, the librarian will provide reference and instruction in a broad range of subject areas, serve as a liaison to campus academic departments and hold collection development duties. Some evening and weekend hours required. Must have current authorization to work for any employer in the U.S.
• ALA Accredited Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information Science.
• Demonstrated ability to design web pages using HTML and CSS.
• Working knowledge of Linux server platform and basic system administration.
• Experience in and/or desire to provide reference assistance, instruction, and departmental liaison duties.
• Ability to speak and write knowledgably and effectively.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated experience applying principles of user experience design (UX) and information architecture (IA) in a web environment.
• Demonstrated experience working with analytics software (i.e. Google Analytics).
• Familiarity with developing web interfaces using recommended best practices from the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Experience with content management systems (preferably Drupal).
• Experience with digital collection management software (preferably ContentDM).
• Experience administering Integrated Library Systems.
• Experience working with learning management systems.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC