DescriptionReporting to the Director of Information Technologies and Digital Development, the position manages software development for multiple complex digital library projects. Implement, configure, and deploy software systems from vendors and other 3rd parties, and design, develop, and implement digital library architectures and applications to provide & support use of and interaction with networked information & content from local and 3rd party repositories. Develop applications as lead programmer & designer including coding, database design, data management, and workflow analysis. Manage project teams and initiatives including developing technical specifications, management of project timelines, assigning tasks & responsibilities to IT and non-IT project staff, developing documentation, providing testing & quality assurance, and managing technical deployment into production environment. Works with staff from across the Libraries, at all levels of the organization, with faculty and researchers, project managers and developers across campus, works with developers and technical architects from other institutions and 3rd party collaborators. Research, recommend, manage & maintain technical metadata standards, implementations & quality for structured data repositories including Oracle & MySQL databases, Apache Jackrabbit, Solr, Pairtree, and XML documents. Manage, recruit, train, and set & evaluate performance expectations of a development team that includes four developers, a business analyst, and a technical architect. Participate in the strategic planning for IT operations in the University Libraries.
- Develop and implement digital library applications to support teaching & learning and research efforts at the University including technical architectures, application specifications, coding, database design, & workflow analysis
- Manage project teams and initiatives to implement technical solutions and designs
- Provide expertise to the Libraries’ IT operations on metadata that are relevant to digital library implementation and develop local, reusable methodologies for metadata interactions
- Establish job responsibilities work priorities, methodologies, routines, and provide direct management of team of developers, architect, and business analyst
- Participate in strategic planning for IT & Digital Development in the University Libraries
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC