DescriptionWe are looking for a DevOps Engineer to plan, configure, and manage both in-house and cloud environments. You will also provide technical assistance in a variety of faculty research projects.
Our unit is a group of digitizers, developers, designers, and project managers who process, enable access to, and preserve digital materials.
Our infrastructure includes:
- CentOS servers, with a few Solaris hosts
- Apache/Tomcat for Java applications
- LAMP stack for Drupal and WordPress
- Ruby on Rails
- MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Monitoring via Nagios
- A handful of cloud environments for specific applications
- Mac workstations for digitization
- Local SAN infrastructure for digitization workspace
- Cameras, scanners, and video digitization equipment
- Plan and implement robust publishing platform
- Implement, tune, and maintain LAMP, LAPP, and Tomcat environments
- Plan and implement redundant storage architecture
- Implement changes to ensure system uptime and disaster recovery
- Compare in-house vs. cloud environments for each service and implement best solution
- Implement system changes for high availability
- Plan, implement, and troubleshoot upgrade of digitization workstations
- Interact with librarians, staff, and scholars as appropriate in support of digital initiatives
Education: Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Minimum of 4 years' relevant experience required; preferably experience in higher education in a research library environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Linux administration (any flavor)
- LAMP and Tomcat environment setup and maintenance
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment with technical and non-technical partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MySQL and PostgreSQL database administration
- Scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP)
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with cloud hosting
- Drupal platform administration
- Experience installing and maintaining open-source applications, such as WordPress, Omeka, or Open Journal
- Experience providing training or workshops and/or presenting in scholarly venues
- Knowledge of Mac hardware
- Familiarity with video processing
Salary/Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience and background. NYU offers a generous benefit package including 22 days of vacation annually.
To Apply: Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of application that specifically states how background and experiences are relevant to the position responsibilities and qualifications; current resume; and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
Please apply through NYU's application management system. Please click on the following link or copy and paste it onto your browser.
We accept online applications only.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
How to apply
Published: Monday, March 10, 2014 21:59 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC