DescriptionA recently awarded grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has enabled the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) to continue to expand its analysis and planning to shape a data-centered international strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers.
We are seeking a creative, self directed professional with project management & team-lead capabilities focused on achieving top-notch results and meeting production objectives. Position involves collaborating closely with internal database teams as well as outside partners & publishers to develop standards of metadata capture, creation and normalization of bibliographic and holdings data for serials and newspapers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing & monitoring processes for ensuring existing metadata is accurate and complete and coordinating the augmentation of existing data as necessary
• Develop and implement a system to verify accuracy of all required data fields in incoming records.
• Working with data sources to improve the quality of data as needed.
• Investigate opportunities to expand capability of existing databases and opportunities in linked data environment
• Provide guidance to a team of metadata specialists and data entry personnel.
• Monitoring production to ensure project goals are met.
• Ensuring data analysis team’s goals and tasks are recorded in project management software and that team members use software to log progress or record notes.
• Creating regular written project reports.
• Strong analytical skills, with experience analyzing dataflow, data patterns and work flow.
• Prior project management and team lead experience.
• MLS or MLIS required
• A minimum of 3 years serials cataloging experience, CONSER level preferred
• Expertise developing and maintaining databases
• Experience using PERL, JAVA or other programming languages to normalize text and applying API’s to harvest or capture data.
• Ability to document and explain standards
CRL is a membership consortium consisting of the leading academic and research libraries in the U.S. and abroad, with a unique and historic collection. In addition to professional challenge and the chance to make a creative contribution, the CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package.
Respond with the title of the position in the subject line to: Resumes@crl.edu. You may also respond by mail or fax, indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
An Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v
How to apply
Published: Monday, March 10, 2014 15:39 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC