Digital Humanities Librarian
Ohio State University — Columbus
0 other recent jobs
Created: February 25, 2014
DescriptionThe Digital Humanities Librarian will establish and grow a dynamic, multifaceted program that addresses the growing demand for digital arts and humanities support on campus. Working with arts and humanities scholars, faculty and students, the Digital Humanities Librarian will foster successful adoption and application of digital arts and humanities approaches to research, teaching, and learning. The librarian will engage deeply with the Digital Arts and Humanities Working Group, the Digital Media Collective, ACCAD (Advanced Computer Center for the Arts and Design), and other campus entities to identify innovative and evolving digital tools and resources that advance scholarly investigation, while building upon the traditional cornerstones of research methodologies in the arts and humanities disciplines. The librarian will be the liaison to the University’s Humanities Institute and will collaborate with faculty participating in Institute projects and initiatives funded by the College of Arts and Sciences, and will collaborate with the Head of Digital Initiatives in the Libraries on projects originating in the Institute. The Digital Humanities Librarian will be a change agent, partner, and resource person for subject librarians and special collections curators involved in facilitating faculty and student digital projects and will be expected to conduct regular environmental scans of the campus environment to identify emerging areas of interest.
- Conduct environmental scans of humanities departments in conjunction with subject librarians and special collections curators in order to identify current and emerging scholarly projects for which digital tools and methodologies are appropriate.
- Coordinate information about digital arts and humanities scholarship to connect scholars across the disciplines and facilitate interdisciplinarity.
- Identify and evaluate current and emerging digital tools and methodologies.
- Provide expert consulting service to humanities scholars and students on techniques and tools that advance teaching, learning and research.
- Serve as a strategist and resource person on trends in the digital arts and humanities.
- Collaborate with staff managing the Libraries’ digital repository, publishing and reformatting programs; work with the Head of Digital Initiatives to create strategies for collaboration, program planning, and support for interdisciplinary digital projects.
- Create an education program focused on digital arts and humanities topics.
- An ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree.
- Experience with digital arts and humanities research tools and approaches (e.g., text mining, data visualization, image analysis, and augmented reality).
- Experience in developing a multifaceted program for a multidisciplinary constituency.
- Familiarity with research methodologies across a variety of arts and humanities disciplines.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and techniques applied to humanities research.
Rank/Salary: The position is a full-time, permanent, 12-month tenure-track faculty appointments and reports to the Head of Research Services. Salary and faculty rank are dependent on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: For a summary of benefits, see http://hr.osu.edu/hrpubs/ben/fs- bensummaryreg.pdf.
Application: Applications will be accepted until the position isfilled. Preference will be given to applications received by April 12, 2014. Please send cover letter, CV, references and salary history and requirements via email using the subject line to identify the position title to Greg Newman at email@example.com.
Published: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 17:14 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC