Serials Specialist and Lead Metadata Analyst
Center for Research Libraries — Chicago
0 other recent jobs
Created: February 24, 2014
DescriptionA recently awarded grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has enabled the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) to continue to expand its analysis and planning to shape a data-centered international strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers.
We are seeking a creative, self directed professional with project management & team-lead capabilities focused on achieving top-notch results and meeting production objectives. Position involves collaborating closely with internal database teams as well as outside partners & publishers to develop standards of metadata capture, creation and normalization of bibliographic and holdings data for serials and newspapers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing & monitoring processes for ensuring existing metadata is accurate and complete and coordinating the augmentation of existing data as necessary
- Develop and implement a system to verify accuracy of all required data fields in incoming records.
- Working with data sources to improve the quality of data as needed.
- Investigate opportunities to expand capability of existing databases and opportunities in linked data environment
- Provide guidance to a team of metadata specialists and data entry personnel.
- Monitoring production to ensure project goals are met.
- Ensuring data analysis team’s goals and tasks are recorded in project management software and that team members use software to log progress or record notes.
- Creating regular written project reports.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience analyzing dataflow, data patterns and work flow.
- Prior project management and team lead experience.
- MLS or MLIS required
- A minimum of 3 years serials cataloging experience, CONSER level preferred
- Expertise developing and maintaining databases
- Experience using PERL, JAVA or other programming languages to normalize text and applying API’s to harvest or capture data.
- Ability to document and explain standards
How to apply
Published: Monday, February 24, 2014 21:53 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC