DescriptionA recently awarded grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has enabled the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) to continue to expand its analysis and planning to shape a data-centered international strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers.
We are seeking a creative, self directed professional with project management & team-lead capabilities focused on achieving top-notch results and meeting production objectives. Position involves collaborating closely with internal database teams as well as outside partners & publishers to develop standards of metadata capture, creation and normalization of bibliographic and holdings data for serials and newspapers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing & monitoring processes for ensuring existing metadata is accurate and complete and coordinating the augmentation of existing data as necessary
- Develop and implement a system to verify accuracy of all required data fields in incoming records.
- Working with data sources to improve the quality of data as needed.
- Investigate opportunities to expand capability of existing databases and opportunities in linked data environment
- Provide guidance to a team of metadata specialists and data entry personnel.
- Monitoring production to ensure project goals are met.
- Ensuring data analysis team’s goals and tasks are recorded in project management software and that team members use software to log progress or record notes.
- Creating regular written project reports.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience analyzing dataflow, data patterns and work flow.
- Prior project management and team lead experience.
- MLS or MLIS required
- A minimum of 3 years serials cataloging experience, CONSER level preferred
- Expertise developing and maintaining databases
- Experience using PERL, JAVA or other programming languages to normalize text and applying API’s to harvest or capture data.
- Ability to document and explain standards
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC