Ruby on Rails Developer
Princeton University — Princeton
0 other recent jobs
Created: February 17, 2014
DescriptionPrinceton University Library is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Ruby on Rails developer to work on implementing Blacklight and other public-facing Rails applications.
The Princeton University Library is one of the world’s leading research libraries, serving a diverse community of 5,200 undergraduates, 2,600 graduate students, 853 faculty members, and many visiting scholars. Its holdings include more than 7 million printed volumes, 5 million manuscripts, 2 million non-print items, and extensive collections of digital text, data, and images. The Library employs a dedicated and knowledgeable staff of more than 300 professional and support staff working in a large central library, 9 specialized branches, and 3 storage facilities.
The incumbent, working with existing library developers, will play a key role in the development, planning, documentation, testing, and deployment of new and existing applications, and actively participate in the communities that exist around those applications.
This position is a two year term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- BA in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive and demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Solr, Apache, Tomcat and/or Jetty; and SQL (MySQL or other)
- Knowledge of and experience with Rails application deployment patterns
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with at least one other programming language (e.g. Python, Java, PHP)
- Competency with Git/Github for source code version control and collaboration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
- Knowledge of and experience with library descriptive metadata formats (MARC, MODS, Dublin Core, EAD, VRA)
- Familiarity with Linked Data and Linked Data publishing patterns
- Work experience in an academic library
- Experience with Integrated Library Systems
- Advanced degree in Library or Computer Science
- Experience with a NoSQL DB such as MongoDB
- Experience working with and committing to Open Source Software projects
Nominations and Applications: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications will be accepted only from the Jobs at Princeton website: http://www.princeton.edu/jobs and must include a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references with full contact information. The position requisition number is: 1400075.
Published: Monday, February 17, 2014 19:56 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC