DescriptionEBSCOhost databases and discovery technologies are the most-used, premium online information resources for tens of thousands of institutions worldwide, representing millions of end-users. EBSCO Discovery Service™ (EDS) creates a unified, customized index of an institution's information resources, and an easy, yet powerful means of accessing all of that content from a single search box. The ability to create these custom solutions is achieved by harvesting metadata from both internal (library) and external (database vendors) sources, and creating a pre-indexed service of unprecedented size, speed, and customization. The individual in this position must live in Miami, Florida and must be able to travel within Latin America 60% of the time.
The Discovery Service Engineer(DSE or a.k.a. Sales Engineer) is the primary technical resource for the field sales force. The DSE is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate.
The DSE must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. He/she must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
The DSE is responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations.
He/she is responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, focus groups, etc. and is also able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs. This individual must be able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams and must be able to travel throughout sales territory.
- Regional authoritative expert on technology aspects of platform functionality, markets, trends
- Strive to be an EDS feature expert. Use the product(s) frequently and thoroughly. Gain continual knowledge progression of the technology platform by participating in frequent internal technology trainings and product strategy sessions
- Act as the EDS technology champion for your region. Stay abreast of industry and technology trends. Conduct market research and competitive intelligence
- Flow of feature enhancement requests from the field into Product Management and the SDLC process
- Pre-sales customer presentations and meetings, and RFIs/RFPs
- Present EDS technology solutions as well as new releases and future features
- Conduct sales presentations, focus groups, and other consultative customer requirements gathering exercises via frequent web-based and on-site sessions
- RFI/RFP support
- Support the trial process and initial post-sales support/nurturing
- Perform administration and configuration of customer interface profiles, and training when appropriate
- Troubleshoot customer specific issues (e.g. ILS integrations)
- Assist the Customer Satisfaction team on key accounts
- Establish strong relationships with regional Sales and customer support teams, as well as existing and prospective customers
- Customers tech gurus at key accounts
- Manage relationships with key regional technology partners and vendors, when necessary
- Create and manage Sales support tools
- Create PowerPoint presentations to convey technology concepts
- Author and assist with documentation to support the regional pre-sales process
- Assist Customer Satisfaction/Success and Marketing with product marketing deliverables and authoring content for FAQs, Help, customer communications, and white papers
- Provide regular updates to Discovery Service Engineering management, keeping the flow of information and lines of communication open
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Library Science, or a related field or 4 years equivalent experience
- Minimum three(3) years of progressive experience in Consulting, Product Management, Sales or related field
- Language requirement: Must be fluent in English, Spanish & Portuguese
- Minimum of 3 years experience and excellence in presenting technology, Internet, or software application products to internal and external audiences and various levels of Management
- Minimum two(2) years experience with EBSCOhost products, Integrated Library Systems(ILS), Institutional Repositories, or other closely related web applications and/or library technology products
- Ability to travel approximately 60% within to regional and international locations: customer sites, conferences, and focus groups
- This position will based in Miami, Florida calling on customers in Latin America
- Expertise in Integrated Library Systems (ILS) products and protocols (e.g. Z39.50, OpenURL, NCIP)
- Experience with institutional repository software and standards (e.g. OAI-PMH)
- Experience with portal software (e.g. VuFind, SharePoint) and programming with Application Programming Interfaces (API) in a web application language (e.g. PHP, Rudy, Java, C#, ASP.Net)
- Proficiency in large data file analysis (e.g. MARC, XML) and manipulation
- Previous experience with the interface usability habits of universities and research institutions' various types of users such as students, researchers, faculty, and librarians
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Positive attitude and team player
- Strong analytical abilities
EBSCO develops research databases for academic, biomedical, corporate and government markets. We are a stable, growing company and currently hiring across several businees units. Please visit our careers website @ careers.ebscohost.com to view various positions that we are recruiting on company wide.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 21:20 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC