DescriptionWorking with the Production Manager and Digital Projects Coordinator, the Data Migration Technician will provide his or her skills and expertise in records management towards a file server reorganization of Owlkids Books Inc.’s title, brand, and departmental assets.
Working with the Digital Coordinator, the Data Migration Technician will implement the migration of Owlkids Books’ title, brand, and departmental assets to a new file server structure, through:
- Familiarizing him/herself with the new server schematic;
- Preparing new title, brand, and departmental folders and moving assets to these new folders appropriately, according to set schematic;
- Renaming assets according to set schematic;
- Assistance in data/asset verification of resources in instances of multiple versions;
- Identifying outlying resources and reporting them to the supervisor, as necessary;
- Offering suggestions to optimize server organization, create efficiencies, etc. as candidate sees fit.
- The candidate will be required to work at our Toronto office from February 18th to March 14th, Monday to Friday, 9:15am–5:00pm.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be pursuing or have recently completed a Master’s Degree in Information, with preference given to students with concentrations in records management, information management, and information systems;
- Have demonstrable experience with databases, front-end server architecture, and implementation of naming conventions;
- Be comfortable with both Mac and PC operating systems and the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel);
- Pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills;
- Have a high degree of accuracy in his/her work and be able to identify and rectify mistakes;
- Be discreet in his/her handling of confidential materials;
- Familiarity with automation and/or scripting is an asset.
The candidate will be paid at an hourly rate of $17/hr, for four weeks.
Published: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:53 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC