The mission of bepress (www.bepress.com) is to help scholars maximize the impact of their work. Our flagship product, Digital Commons, is the world’s leading digital repository and online publishing platform for academic institutions. We support over 300 academic libraries and thousands of individual scholars and researchers in their efforts to showcase and share their work. Bepress has been accelerating the pace of scholarly exchange since 1999 through solutions to support open-access publishing.
About the role
This is an opportunity to re-envision a product as we implement our next generation open, service-oriented architecture. You will be a part of a team responsible for both transforming our platform while continuing to provide value to our subscribers. We are looking for a senior web developer with a passion for web standards, a strong design sense, and the technical skills to implement their vision.
Please, show us your work. Include a link to your portfolio or send a PDF.
This is a full time, on-site position.
• Help define the information architecture of new products
• Develop high-performance, and scalable front-end code to realize complex visual designs and interactions while staying true to the creative vision
• Implement web pages in compliance with WCAG
• Maintain expertise in evolving UI technologies
• Create and refine lo and hi fidelity prototypes to support rapid development
• 5+ years front-end software development experience
• Professional experience using code repositories such as SVN or GIT
• Knowledge of visual design principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience with the following a plus:
Django, Template Toolkit, a CMS such as Wordpress or Drupal, working in an agile environment, Scrum.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, and wire-framing software such as Axure or Balsamiq.
• Bright, quick and structured thinker
• A natural collaborator with strong interpersonal skills
• Positive with a good sense of humor
• Driven and direct
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC