DescriptionUtah State University Libraries seek an innovative, collaborative, and customer-oriented librarian to fill the newly created position of Web Services Librarian. This 12-month, tenure-track, entry-level faculty position with rank of Assistant Librarian reports to the Director of Library Digital and Information Technology Services and is responsible for a broad range of services and duties related to the libraries' web presence and digital content and services. In addition to providing leadership and managing the content and design of the libraries' web services, this person will take a user-centered approach to guide the library in implementing new technologies to enhance our patrons' experiences.
- Oversee the content and collaborative design of the libraries' web services.
- Facilitate assessment, usability, and use of analytic tools to gather, report and evaluate web statistics and user experience data.
- Interact with all areas of the library to develop innovative library technology services and systems.
- Work collaboratively across all USU campuses to integrate library and campus technology.
- Develop workflows and strategies to adapt and respond quickly to the changing technological environment.
- Prioritize, develop, and integrate user-friendly, user-centered websites and interfaces.
- Serve as a subject librarian to one or more academic disciplines.
- Facilitate the discovery and integration of open resources for research and teaching within the library and campuses.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience with website design and information architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends and issues in user experience design, and library technologies.
- Strong interest in emerging technologies and using technology to serve library constituents.
- Highly effective communication skills, including listening, writing and speaking.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to set and follow through on both individual and team priorities.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and working in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to meet the university's requirements for promotion and tenure.
- Project management experience and demonstrated success in working collaboratively with a variety of constituencies.
- Experience with web site administration, accessibility, and usability.
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards.
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, XML, Java, PHP
Work Environment Office Environment: Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily
occasional temperature changes.
Physical Requirements-Nearly Continuously Hearing,listening
Physical Requirements-Often Sitting
Repetitive hand motion(such as typing)
Special Instructions to Applicants Along with the online application, please attach:
1. A current resume
2. A cover letter
3. A list of the names and contact information of three professional references
It is recommended that you have all required documents ready to attach before you click on the "apply for" link.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC