DescriptionTechnology Fellowship at the Harvard Art Museums
This is a 12 month fellowship, with the possibility of renewal for a second year.
Technology is an integral part of museums in the 21st century. As such, the Harvard Art Museums, with its established Conservation and Curatorial Fellows program, is seeking the museums’ first Technology Fellow to work on projects for the new facility opening in late 2014. Projects will be developed in conjunction with the Division of Academic and Public Programs and the department of Digital Infrastructure and Emerging Technology. Projects may include but are not limited to crowd-sourcing tools for collections data augmentation, platforms for delivering interpretive material online and/or in the museums’ galleries, techniques for visualizing collections data, or software and hardware for technology driven spaces in the new Art Museums facility.
- Write code, setup virtual servers, explore open source projects, and experiment with technology as it pertains to the Art Museums.
- Brainstorm and execute prototype projects in collaboration with the Division of Academic and Public Programs, Design/Communications department, and other departments as needed.
- Conduct research on existing and emerging technology that helps strengthen the mission to preserve, document, present, and interpret the museums’ collections and resources.
- Document findings and report on which technologies are worth exploring further.
- Participate as part of the Art Museums Fellow cohort.
- Collaborate with partners within the university on projects to integrate the museums more fully in to Harvard curriculum.
- Give a talk on your work at relevant Art Museums events and then in an expanded form at relevant conferences.
Advanced degree in digital humanities, computer science, media arts, new media, art history or a related field
Experience with programming, modern web frameworks, application automation, database systems, and cloud based services like AWS and Heroku
Apply at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerID=25240&siteID=5341&AReq=30517BR
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC