DescriptionWeb Services Librarian, Library, University of Houston-Victoria. Provides vision and direction for all aspects of the library’s website; work collaboratively with library staff to maintain quality online services and resources; and provides leadership in developing web-based applications.
- Provide organization and ongoing maintenance for the Library’s web presence which includes the main website, mobile site, subject guides, digital collections and most other user interfaces for library applications
- Conduct usability studies to determine if web services and applications are meeting the needs of our user groups
- Assist with the creation and oversight of web policies and standards
- Evaluate and respond to web services support requests and provide all levels of web related assistance
- Assemble, distribute and evaluate site analytics
- Collaborate with library staff to create and implement web-based library services including online tutorials, videos, podcasts, blogs, mobile applications and more
- Create workshops to inform and train patrons and library staff on new web and emerging technologies
- Provide proper planning and assistance for all types of data migration within web related projects
- Work with all aspects of our content management system including content editing , updates and eventually development and deployment
- Lead project teams as needed to complete web service initiatives
- Create and maintain technical and project management documentation
- Ensures compliance with applicable legal requirements, and university and library policies on web site usage, security and standards
- Provides reference and research services
- Provides collection analysis in assigned subject areas
- Some nights and weekend duty is required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in library science and (2) years related experience.
- Broad knowledge of library policies and procedures;
- demonstrated, in depth knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- working knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Office applications;
- ADA web compliance techniques, ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to exercise discretion, judgment, and act upon decisions within scope of delegated authority.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to serve as a team member.
The University of Houston-Victoria is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution. Minorities, women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Published: Sunday, December 22, 2013 22:27 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC