DescriptionPosition Title: Instructional Design Librarian
Department: The Samuel J. Wood Library and The C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center
Status: Full Time, Academic/Faculty – Non Professorial Track
Salary: Starting salary negotiable: minimum $63,000
Location: Upper East Side – Manhattan location
The Instructional Design Librarian is responsible for designing, developing and delivering instructional programming in a variety of formats for the Weill Cornell Medical Library New York and the Distributed e-Library, Weill Cornell-Qatar. Additionally, the Instructional Design Librarian is the expert on copyright and fair usage for the Colleges. This position reports to the Associate Director for User Support, Research, and Education. The position is based in New York City, but will require travel to Doha, Qatar.
- In conjunction with library staff create innovative and effective learning materials utilizing a variety of delivery methods, including digital learning objects and web-based instruction modules.
- Provide staff development for the use of educational technology and education concepts.
- Provide expertise on copyright and fair usage to faculty, students and staff.
- Maintain learning environments and tools.
- Develop assessment plans for the library's instruction program to assess student learning and the impact of information literacy instruction.
- Liaise with the Educational Web Services Group and Informational Technologies and Services regarding educational technology.
- Pursue an active and ongoing plan for professional development, research, publishing and service.
- Advanced degree or certification in educational technologies or instructional design.
- Graduate degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply an established instructional design process.
- Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills and teaching/presentation skills.
- Experience with Canvas and WebEx preferred.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, the ability to manage multiple projects and a commitment to professional development.
Please email cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC