DescriptionWe seek a skilled Java lead software developer with 5-10 years industry experience to join us in expanding our application base, and help broaden our reach into new markets.
Our products support complex content aggregation, sophisticated business models, streaming document delivery, and unique user interaction. They are delivered as fully virtualized and cloud-based services with particular emphasis on automated deployment and management techniques, rooted in our core development processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• This is a hands-on position, requiring solid design and coding skills and strong technical communications.
You must have at least 5-10 years significant experience as a software engineer in a formal product development environment.
• You must have implemented successful solutions to a variety of challenges in design and coding, functionality and usability, scalability and optimization.
Your technical skills must be solid and current, and appropriate to the environment we describe.
We require that you demonstrate experience in advanced Java application development, beyond the construction of simple servlets and jsp's, and including sophisticated services and business logic. We will look particularly closely for experience and skill in the following areas:
• Bachelors' degree plus 5-10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in spring and Hibernate.
• Experience in integration frameworks like spring integration, apache camel
• Experience with standard Java web application frameworks such as Spring MVC, Struts, etc.
• Experience working effectively in a team environment as a strong collaborative player.
• Excellent written communication skills, including production of subsystem overview documentation and designs.
• Able to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Palo Alto office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 20:15 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC