Sr. Software Test Developer
Created: November 26, 2013
ProQuest Seattle0 other recent jobs
DescriptionLocated in a unique area of Seattle (Fremont), Serials Solutions seeks our next technologist who loves to code and break code. As a Software Developer in Test you will utilize open source technologies like Ruby, Java, and Selenium to develop test automation as well as be instrumental in system level stress and capacity testing. You will work closely with Dev, QA, and IT to create automation in our build environment to ensure consistent levels of software quality. You will own defining, researching, correcting, and retesting defects and new features.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• AUTOMATION, AUTOMATION, AUTOMATION
• Defining and creating automated test scripts in context with resources
• Representing QA in software requirements and design review inspections
• Researching technical advancements to improve testing for new or existing products
• Driving continuous improvement for existing and new processes
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years in technology doing quality assurance or development in a related role testing multi-tiered applications
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, MS SQL and MySQL databases and working with automated build systems
• A history of effectively working through conflicts to reach effective solutions
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 01:03 UTC