DescriptionThe person that fills this position will be a senior software engineer working within a product group on the development of a web scale management application for libraries. This position reports to the Software Engineering Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
• Key Developer - Work on a team to code an efficient and scalable solution
• Solution Provider - Design strong and reliable technical solutions
• Project Champion - Leading project team when assigned
• Flexible - Flexibility to move between product teams
• Reporter - Providing statuses to stakeholders and managers
• Super SME - Subject matter expert on product and code functionalities
• Expert Estimator - Provide task lists and estimates of project based on specification documents
• Technical Translator - Work closely with technical and non-technical members of the team and organization
What you’ll need to be successful:
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• 5+ years of Java experience
• 3+ years of T-SQL experience
• Good problem solver with strong analytical and logical skills
• Willing to tackle and understand complex problems
• Proactively seeks and solves problems
• Continuous learning in software development practices
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• Experience with web design a plus
• Library industry experience big plus
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 00:50 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC