DescriptionOur SQL Database Administrator provides support and timely response to needs in our development, staging and production environments for all databases. This position works with a seasoned Sr. Database Administrator in a company where we're working on current and greenfield projects with a great opportunity to collaborate with development and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Expert knowledge of SQL Server database monitoring best practices, ability to identify performance issues correctly
• Perform and support database upgrades and migrations
• Creates and maintains appropriate DBA and database documentation
• Defines and construct data marts according to department standards to meet end-user requirements
• Monitoring SQL Server Agent jobs and responding to SQL Server notification alerts
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Science, plus at least 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a 24x7 production environment
• Working knowledge of SSIS, SSRS
• Backup and recovery skills
• Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, when issues arise
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Capacity to learn new technology that will work with our database systems.
• Excellent communications skills
• Manage SLAs and strict adherence to production controls
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• System administration fundamentals including installation, configuration and security setups
• Familiarity with SOX and PCI DSS requirements and best practices aligning with compliancy
• Familiarity with Postgresql, Mysql, NoSQL solutions
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 00:37 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC