DescriptionThe person that fills this position will be a senior software engineer working within a product group on the development of a web scale management application for libraries. This position reports to the Software Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development work on assigned projects
• Participation in technical meetings and discussions
• Part of team to help design strong and reliable technical solutions
• Leading project team when assigned
• Flexibility to move between product teams
• Providing statuses to stakeholders and managers
• Subject matter expert on product and code functionalities
• Provide task lists and estimates of project based on specification documents
• Work closely with Project Manager Coordinators and Product Managers
• Mentoring junior developers
• Seek technical improvement in code base and architecture where applicable
• Communicate effectively and often with other development team members
• 6+ years of Java experience
• 3+ years of T-SQL experience
• Strong communicator with technical and non technical team members
• Experienced working effectively in a team environment as a strong team player
• Good problem solver with strong analytical and logical skills
• Willing to tackle and understand complex problems
• Experienced working in and strong understanding of SDLC
• Proactively seeks and solves problems
• Continuing education in software development practices
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
• Experience with web design a plus
• Library industry experience big plus
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle office and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 00:24 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC