Digital & Audio Archivist
Created: November 9, 2013
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Beverly Hills0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Digital and Audio Archivist provides departmental support for digital collection and content management, with an emphasis on project management and workflow. The Archivist will also manage the department's audio holdings consisting of more than 35,000 recordings.
- Assist and support the Manager in overseeing Inmagic-based collections management system.
- Lead efforts to preserve, describe, and make accessible born-digital archival materials. Develop and document techniques and procedures for acquiring born-digital content.
- Serve as primary administrator for Special Collections for the library’s instance of CONTENTdm, known as Digital Collections (http://digitalcollections.oscars.org).
- Work with Photographic Services/Digital Studio and Research Archivist to provide Special Collections material for the Digital Gallery (TEAMS).
- Provide metadata for all Special Collections material ingested into the Digital Gallery.
- Contribute expertise to library and Academy initiatives for a digital asset management system.
- Manage Special Collections sound recordings and develop and implement strategies to streamline processes and create a digital audio workflow.
- Develop and document department workflow.
- Undertake special projects at the discretion of the Manager.
- Qualifications and Requirements:
Three to five years of previous experience managing large audio archives and collections using descriptive metadata, controlled vocabularies, and structured taxonomies.
Knowledge of film history; strong knowledge of and familiarity with Academy collections a plus.
Experience with Inmagic, Voyager, and CONTENTdm a plus.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Digital and Audio Archivist, Special Collections in subject line.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC