ORCID is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated team member with exceptional communication skills to contribute to our user-centric and highly responsive support team. The successful candidate will provide user and member support, and help identify ways we can continue to put our members and users at the center of our work.
In addition to providing user support over the web, additional responsibilities of this position include assisting our members with technical questions via phone and web, and helping with other tasks as needed. While no technical certification is necessary, applicants must be competent in HTML, excited to learn new applications, and comfortable talking with software developers. Applicants should have excellent writing and communication skills, and an excitement about technology. Experience in research and scholarly communication and multi-lingual skills are a plus. Experienced support leaders and those with a passion for improving software are encouraged to apply.
This temporary position is a work-from-home opportunity, with a possible option to convert to a permanent work-from-home position.
WHO WE ARE
ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) is an independent not-for-profit organization. We are working with the international research community to connect research with researchers. Our mission is to provide a registry of persistent unique researcher identifiers, and to automate linkages to other persistent ID schemes and research objects such as publications, datasets, grants, and patents.
Launched in October 2012, ORCID has over 300,000 active users and over 80 member organizations including professional associations, universities and research organizations, academic publishers, research funders, and vendors serving the research community. Our Website and Registry (orcid.org) is published in five languages.
The Customer Support Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Respond to user support requests and feedback online, while ensuring that feedback flows to the cross-functional team to fuel improvement and innovation
- Educate and inform users via documentation and other tools
- Process user feedback to ensure we are constantly improving the user experience
- Advocate for users and engage in an array of activities that drive user experience improvements * Review our user response process to improve internal and external communication
- Assist with calls to members and support of the member API
- Assist with QA, research, and other tasks as needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Experience providing customer support, ideally over email
- Exceptional communication skills and a strong work ethic; ability to prioritize effectively and get things done in a dynamic, unstructured environment
- Attention to detail, particularly in written documents
- Process improvement experience
- Experience extracting actionable recommendations from feedback and data, and communicating it to stakeholders
- Tech-savvy and with a passion for research and scholarly activities
- Comfortable writing webpages in HTML and with basic CSS; expert knowledge of Google Drive suite and virtual collaboration tools
- Motivated and results-driven, with a high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Legally authorized to work in, and living in, the United States
NICE TO HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of experience providing email-based customer support
- Experience/exposure to working in a startup environment
- Experience/exposure to the scholarly publishing community
- Experience providing support to the research community
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Based in the greater NYC area
TO APPLY Send a cover letter and resume by October 8, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter please include a Shakespeare quote.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC