DescriptionUWM Libraries seeks an energetic, knowledgeable, and technologically capable individual to serve as a Digital Projects Specialist. This position supports resource and digital collection development in the Library’s Digitization Department. The department has been building digital collections drawn from the Library’s unique collections in Archives, Special Collections and the American Geographical Society Library since 2001. Going forward, the department will be developing tools and exploring new modes of discovery and interactivity, such as geographic discovery, contextual materials, and social tools, and working closely with campus initiatives in digital scholarship, including the digital humanities.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
• Customize existing tools, including open source tools, for use on the UWM Digital Collections site
• Work with faculty and staff to gather requirements for tool and web development projects
• Work with CONTENTdm API to integrate custom tools into existing collections
• Evaluate existing tools and technologies, and investigate emerging technologies to identify potential uses. Prototype demonstration projects
• Help identify technical requirements and keep abreast of new research and development in digital humanities and other areas related to digital collections
• Document workflows and procedures, and help form policy for digital tool development
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Evidence of relevant experience working with digital collection development
• Demonstrated understanding of developments and trends in digital collections and digital humanities
• Master’s degree in Library Science, Information Science, Computer Science or related field with an emphasis on digital libraries, archives, humanities, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated understanding of metadata standards
• Demonstrated proficiency with programming and web development
• Experience working in a LINUX environment, specifically with LAMP services
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must submit a letter of application, a current resume, transcripts (Other Document 1), and names/addresses of three current professional references.
Apply at – http://jobs.umm.edu/postings/15697
Applications must be received on or before 10-19-13.
Questions may be addressed to Craig Wesley, 414-229-6201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 414-229-4463. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
UWM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Employment will require a criminal background check. For the UWM Campus Security Report see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 14:11 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC