DescriptionThe Auraria Library, which serves the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University and the Community College of Denver, seeks a dynamic, innovative and motivated Web and Content Developer to implement effective web sites, interfaces and tools to enhance the library website. With internal and external stakeholders, collaboratively develop and implement strategies for and implements initiatives to meet the Library’s interface and content needs. This exempt professional position, reporting to the Associate Director for Technology Strategy and Learning Spaces, requires an energetic, enthusiastic professional who understands the teaching and research mission of an academic library and demonstrates passion for the Library’s vision to be the heart of the learning experience on our diverse, urban campus.
This position will provide in house web and interface design expertise for the Auraria Library. The Auraria Library’s web presence consists of the main site, the mobile site and discovery systems such as a federated searching application, intranet, institutional repository, catalog, reserves and interlibrary loan systems. The incumbent will work closely with the Web Programmer and others throughout the library to make the web site more visually appealing and develop a content management plan to develop high quality content for the site. The incumbent is responsible for creating website templates and layouts, introducing graphic elements, and web development and maintenance. The incumbent will lead accessibility, usability and quality assurance activities in relation to the library’s online interfaces and write and develop web policies. It is possible that this position may supervise students who perform web work.
- HTML and CSS mastery.
- One year experience working with and maintaining a Content Management System such as Drupal.
- Working knowledge of media file formats, standards, and best practices for web presentation. Bachelor's Degree in computer science, graphic design, marketing or information science. Two years of related course work from an accredited college or university combined with two years of relevant experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the degree.
- Two years of web design experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, particularly for the web.
- Experience in developing web objects such as icons.
- Experience in working with digital graphics and related software.
- Enthusiasm for education, students and learning.
- Library and/or higher education working experience.
- Coursework or degrees in graphic design, writing, editing, computer science, programming, library science or related subject areas.
- Knowledge of instructional design principles.
- PHP and MySQL
- Experience in teaching or training.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of User Interface (UI) design methodology and processes such as user-centered design.
- Experience with Quality Assurance and conducting usability studies.
- Experience working with library software.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards and practices.
This is an exempt professional position with a minimum annual salary of $58,000, commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility is located at http://www.cusys.edu/pbs
To view full job description and/or to apply: http://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/70606
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC