Bibliomation, Inc. is Connecticut's largest library consortium consisting of over 60 member libraries. Bibliomation libraries manage resources and materials using a shared Evergreen open source integrated library system. Other member services include website hosting, email, downloadable electronic media, and network telecommunications. Offices are located in Waterbury, CT.
Bibliomation is seeking an Evergreen Systems Specialist to join the Evergreen support team.
The Evergreen Systems Specialist will:
• Report to the Evergreen Systems Manager, working closely to manage the Evergreen system which is operated using a virtual Linux multi-server environment.
• Assist in troubleshooting software issues by performing log analysis and error debugging.
• Assist in technical tasks associated with backup and recovery activities.
• Monitor system performance and adjust operating systems and applications to avoid performance issues.
• Install and test new Evergreen software patches and releases.
• Make new recommendations or modify existing system configurations based on member library needs.
• Perform systems integration testing of various operating systems, databases, system utilities, and hardware upgrades.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer/Information Science or in a related field
• 1-3 years working experience
• Proficiency with Linux operating systems
• Relational database experience, including SQL scripting
• Familiarity with virtualization tools
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate well within a team environment
• Working knowledge of or experience with software development and version control
• Familiarity with libraries or education
• Experience with open source software projects
Bibliomation offers a comprehensive benefit package. The salary range for this position is $50-55k.
Deadline: Cover letters and resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 27th.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 14:54 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC