DescriptionThe Information Services Division is looking for a forward thinking, service oriented and motivated individual to work in a collaborative team.
This person will:
- Provide assistance in the areas of computing, networking, media and traditional reference services.
- Provide reference and helpdesk support/first-tier technology support to students, faculty and staff.
- Participate in library and technology instruction while actively leading and guiding the efficiency and user-oriented attitude of the Information Desk.
- Serve as library liaison to academic departments.
- Resolve basic questions from users regarding software products (Microsoft Office, etc.), and the campus network.
- Refer requests requiring further assistance to appropriate Information Services specialists.
- Maintain online documentation, the information Services Website, and the Information Services management ticket knowledgebase and reports.
- Monitor the Information Commons and assist students, faculty and staff.
- Masters of Library Science required from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years professional library experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Experience with first-tier information technology support required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, and analytic skills.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Skill in the use of library components (including instruction), technology and web applications.
- Must have experience with integrating new technologies into the delivery of information systems and with technology support.
- Facility with integrated library systems, learning management systems, and/or web content management systems preferred.
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working environment. For a complete job description and to apply online, please visit http://jobs.rhodes.edu. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce. For more information about Rhodes please visit our web site at www.rhodes.edu.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, August 22, 2013 13:13 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC