Salary: hiring salary is from $46,700 to $56,500 depending on experience
Department/Location: Web Department, Information Access Division/Central Branch
Benefits: Four weeks paid vacation per year plus paid personal leave, comp time, sick leave, and holidays. Also includes pension plan, medical, dental, and optical plans. Opportunities for training, conferences, and more.
About Us: The Enoch Pratt Free Library, located in Baltimore, Maryland, is one of the oldest public libraries in the United States. Established in 1882, the library now includes twenty one branches in Baltimore, plus the Central Library which also serves as the Resource Center for the State of Maryland. The Enoch Pratt Free Library has been a pioneer in the adoption of technology to serve library customers since the early 1990s, with an evolving variety of citywide and statewide projects. The work site is the Central Library located in the Mount Vernon Historical District.
Summary of Duties:
Under the supervision of the Pratt Web Manager, the Web Developer/Programmer works in a web team to create, enhance, and maintain multiple websites for the Enoch Pratt Free Library.
The Web Developer/Programmer is tasked with the following primary responsibilities:
- Designs and creates web page layout, graphics, and multimedia web content using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, or other software.
- Works closely with the rest of the web team as well as internal customers (library staff in other departments) on information architecture, content management, and web usability.
- Along with the Digitization Supervisor, operates as a backup to the Web Manager, taking charge of the department when the Manager is absent.
- Is subject to being on-call for emergency situations outside the regular work hours, such as web server failure.
- Works with the Web Manager to provide staff training on web technologies, such as teaching classes and developing course materials.
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers.
- Participates in a library web review committee to ensure compliance of the Children’s Internet Protection Act. Responsible for implementing site standards, such as Section 508 compliance.
- -Maintains knowledge of current developments in new technologies, competitive trends, and emerging web standards. Incorporates this knowledge into web services. Other duties as assigned.
Desired: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field. Familiarity with Drupal, Ektron, or other CMS. Experience with mobile programming. One year or more of project management experience.
Testing for Drugs: Those under final consideration for appointment will be required to pass a substance abuse test by the City.
Position of Trust: Those under final consideration for appointment will be required to authorize the release of and successfully complete a criminal conviction check.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org with *Web Developer-IAD-Your Last Name *clearly indicated in the subject line. * Example: Web Developer-IAD-Jones** (Please pay close attention to the email address when applying as the email address is unique for each posting.)*
Friday, September 13, 2013
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC