DescriptionLYRASIS seeks a highly motivated, experienced Applications Developer and Repository Specialist to contribute to our dynamic, fast-growing open source support and technology services department.
The Applications Developer and Repository Specialist will manage and extend LYRASIS' Islandora-based Repository Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering. Responsibilities include: design, develop, test, and document themes and modules to implement Islandora for members; transform member's existing metadata and digital objects into forms suitable for loading into Islandora; provide application support, including ancillary services for Islandora and Drupal; contribute to the resolution of LYRASIS' Digital Technology Services (DTS) Help Desk tickets; and provide excellent customer service. Duties also include working with LYRASIS Digital Technology Services staff and member stakeholders to understand and refine project functional requirements, communicating complex issues effectively to internal staff, member staff, and external vendors. The position will be part of a geographically distributed team and applications from candidates interested in telecommuting are strongly welcomed.
- Three to five years related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in: custom Drupal module and theme development; PHP application development; MySQL database usage
- Knowledge of library metadata data and services
- Ability to interact with clients and gather requirements on various projects, working in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive projects, and a great attitude
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a telecommuting team environment with minimum direction
- Time management skills and organizational ability for project management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to writing clean, documented code
- Familiarity with Islandora and Fedora Commons
- Experience in libraries and in library web services development
- Knowledge of digital collections-related applications development and maintenance
- Understanding of dynamic or active web content and the use of XML based technologies
- Understanding of Web Standards, Accessibility, Usability/UX & web standards
- Testing software applications on a broad range of browsers and browser versions as part of the application development process as well as when troubleshooting problems experienced by end users.
- Experience with code contribution and version/revision control systems such as Subversion or Git
Additional Qualifications: Strong technical skills and the desire to stay abreast of new leading edge technology, the desire to participate in open source activities, and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
A complete job description can be found here: https://www.lyrasis.org/job/Documents/Applications%20Developer%20and%20Repository%20Specialist.docx
Benefits: LYRASIS’ attractive benefits package encourages a harmonious work/life balance including flextime, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage plans, a company-matched 403B savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, as well as flexible work hours in a virtual work environment.
The Applications Developer and Repository Specialist will work in the Atlanta office if in the Atlanta, GA, area; telecommuting is an option outside of Atlanta.
To apply, please provide cover letter and resume, referencing job opening, to email@example.com or fax to 404.892.7879.
About LYRASIS: LYRASIS partners with member libraries and cultural heritage organizations to create, access and manage information with an emphasis on digital content, while building and sustaining collaboration, enhancing operations and technology, and increasing buying power. For more information, please visit www.lyrasis.org.
LYRASIS is an equal opportunity employer. LYRASIS reserves the right to alter the position overview, with or without notice to the employee. This position overview is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment relationship. Every position overview is subject to modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC