DescriptionFossil is a global retailer specializing in the design, innovation, and marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At the heart of Fossil’s vision is a commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best in design through its two core businesses: the Fossil brand; and a multi-brand watch business. The Fossil brand is rooted in authenticity and a distinctive vintage-inspired design aesthetic. With over 400 stores worldwide and a strong global e-commerce business, the brand is internationally known for its eclectic assortment of lifestyle and accessory items including watches, handbags, and clothing. The Company also creates fashion accessories for a number of other owned and licensed brands including MICHELE, Zodiac, Relic, Emporio Armani, DKNY, Armani Exchange, Michael Kors, Diesel, Burberry, Marc by Marc Jacobs, adidas, and Karl Lagerfeld. The Company is constantly developing its multi-brand portfolio through its core competencies in innovative branding, world-class design, and dynamic global distribution.
- Fossil has an opportunity for a Library and Archives assistant in our headquarters in Richardson, Texas. The intern will use a custom built integrated library system to assist the Fossil Brand Archivist in cataloging various Fossil design resources.
- Copy and original cataloging
- Shelving and shifting books
- Periodicals management
- Rehousing special collections materials
- Assisting archivist in digitizing modern and vintage textiles and accessories using a digital camera
- Assisting archivist in cataloging, describing and sorting samples using internal vocabularies, classification systems, and procedures
- Current enrollment in or recent graduation from a library science program
- Attention to detail
- Experience or interest in using scanners and digital cameras
- Some knowledge of cataloging; completion or enrollment in Information Organization preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lb.
- Interest in fashion and design preferred.
Fossil is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Anyone requiring special accommodations to our normal application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
Fossil is an American lifestyle brand, creatively rooted in authentic vintage and classic design. Fossil stands for the optimism and creativity at the heart of American culture. Inspired by vintage design, we take the best from the past and update it for today’s consumers. Since 1984, we have shared our quality products with our fans as we celebrate living an authentic life. As we approach our 30th anniversary, we will continue to reinvent the best of vintage culture with a modern eye.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:44 UTC