Chief Technology Officer
Baltimore Museum of Art — Baltimore
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 26, 2013
DescriptionThe Baltimore Museum of Art (BMA) seeks to fill the newly created position of Chief Technology Officer to lead the institution in setting strategic priorities in a manner to leverage technology to support its vision. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), this leader will be responsible for all aspects of information technology and computer systems that support institutional goals and initiatives both in day-to-day operations and in the way the museum delivers on its mission. S/he will understand the way technology has, and continues to, impact museums and society at large and to help guide the museum as it embraces opportunities in technology to become more efficient, accessible and engaging.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* In collaboration with colleagues from across the museum, particularly SMT, develop and execute the overall IT Strategy in support of the BMA Mission, Vision, and priorities. Develop, implement, and monitor technology infrastructure and governance structures and processes.
* Provide visionary leadership, management and support for a broad range of technologies in support of the Museum's Mission.
* Work with Director and senior leadership to identify and cultivate donors who will increase institutional capacity to support technology.
* Inventory and assess the institution's current technologies, databases, software, and hardware and recommend changes and enhancements.
· Engage with colleagues from across the Museum to understand departmental and divisional needs and to develop technology strategies, solutions, and tools that support institutional priorities.
· Working within current museum budget structure, ensure that the museum's information technology and network infrastructure support its computing, data processing, current needs, and future initiatives.
· Manage IT-related risks of the institution, including information security and data privacy.
· Oversee current museum technologies including data and voice networking, wifi, imaging, email, special software and applications, workstations, printers and other equipment. Identify and resolve any problems in these areas and make recommendations for greater efficiency.
· Develop an institutional approach to digital asset production, management, and access.
· Build institutional capacity and knowledge through staff training, coaching, and other means.
· Coordinate with outside consultants and vendors on current and future digital projects.
· Develop an integrated approach to technology evaluation to document and communicate successes and areas for improvement.
· Supervise work of IT Manager.
This full-time, exempt position reports to the Director of The Baltimore Museum of Art.
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field; Masters preferred.
* 7-10 years of experience in information technology with demonstrated progressive responsibility; ideally with significant experience in comprehensive business-focused software.
* Experience with system administration and network administration, including back-up, storage and recovery.
* Proven experience delivering innovative solutions for a rapidly changing technology landscape.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Interest in collaborating with a wide range of stake holders and constituents.
* Experience working with art museums and/or non-profit cultural institutions desired.
* Experience and/or knowledge of user experience design and visitor needs.
The BMA is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For this exempt position we offer medical, dental, vision, prescription, 403b deferred compensation retirement plan, long term disability, flexible spending account, flexible and condensed scheduling, museum shop, program and exhibition, and restaurant discounts, reduced fee gym membership and a continuing education discount. We also offer 4 weeks of earned vacation, 9 holidays, 3 personal days, a floating holiday, and 12 sick days each fiscal year.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to HR@artbma.org with "Chief Technology Officer" and your first and last name in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
How to apply
Published: Friday, July 26, 2013 21:15 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC