Library Systems Coordinator
Created: July 23, 2013
Trinity College Hartford0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Library Systems Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting the Library’s information technology systems and services. Ensures the successful deployment of our integrated library system (Voyager), interlibrary loan software (ILLiad), and other critical local systems. Develops and maintains multiple tools and applications to discover, support, and analyze library collections and operations. Provides leadership in helping staff evaluate opportunities for the introduction of new technologies that enhance library services.
- Evaluate, implement, and manage all library software, systems, and equipment. A primary area of focus will be managing library enterprise applications (Voyager, ILLiad, etc.) and ensuring both their successful operation and integration with other College systems.
- Build local scripts, reports, databases, and web applications to support ongoing library operations. Oversees internal and external data transfers.
- Develop ongoing training for library staff to allow them to become knowledgeable and independent users of our local systems and technology.
- Collaborate with staff on investigating, evaluating, recommending, and implementing new tools and technology.
- Maintain written documentation of all implementation and development decisions.
- Serve as the Library’s primary liaison to both Trinity’s Information Technology Services Department and our CTW Library Consortium for all IT issues, and represent the Library at relevant national and regional meetings.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Experience maintaining an integrated library system; proficiency in using relational database management tools especially ODBC, MS Access, and SQL; ability to navigate a Linux operating system and understand and modify shell scripts and other automated operations; working knowledge of HTML and XML; familiarity with standard desktop software and hardware.
Personal qualifications: Self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; adaptability, creativity, and an aptitude to learn new technological tools and techniques.
Hours are typically Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm. Work hours may include covering an evening (2pm – 10pm) and rotating weekend during the academic year.
Salary is commensurate with education, training, and experience. Excellent benefits package.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Apply online at: https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC