DescriptionDrew University Library seeks an innovative, collaborative and forward-thinking librarian to provide leadership for metadata services as well as expertise cataloging materials for Drew’s renowned Methodist collections. The Lead Metadata Librarian and Methodist Cataloger coordinates cataloging workflow and works with colleagues in the Library and the General Commission on Archives and History of the United Methodist Church to plan, implement and assess metadata strategies that improve discovery of resources in all formats. This is a Library Faculty position with collection development and university service responsibilities.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program
- Strong working knowledge of current bibliographic standards including AACR2, LC classification, LCSH, and MARC and non-MARC metadata formats
- Experience cataloging serials
- Experience working with OCLC or other bibliographic utility and an ILS, preferably SirsiDynix
- Demonstrated ability to analyze workflow, establish procedures, effectively communicate them, and assess results
- Minimum 3 years experience in an academic or research library
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a collegial environment
- Working knowledge of RDA and FRBR/FRAD
- Experience working with vendor services such as authority control
- Supervisory experience
- Familiarity with digital repository software and experience with providing metadata for digitized content
- Familiarity with The United Methodist Church and related denominations in the Wesleyan tradition
- A detailed position description is available at www.drew.edu/library/?p=7146.
Published: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 13:09 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC