DescriptionFossil is a global retailer specializing in the design, innovation, and marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At the heart of Fossil’s vision is a commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best in design through its two core businesses: the Fossil brand; and a multi-brand watch business. The Fossil brand is rooted in authenticity and a distinctive vintage-inspired design aesthetic. With over 400 stores worldwide and a strong global e-commerce business, the brand is internationally known for its eclectic assortment of lifestyle and accessory items including watches, handbags, and clothing. The Company also creates fashion accessories for a number of other owned and licensed brands including MICHELE, Zodiac, Relic, Emporio Armani, DKNY, Armani Exchange, Michael Kors, Diesel, Burberry, Marc by Marc Jacobs, adidas, and Karl Lagerfeld. The Company is constantly developing its multi-brand portfolio through its core competencies in innovative branding, world-class design, and dynamic global distribution.
Fossil is seeking a Digital Asset Archivist to implement and maintain a digital asset management program using OpenText ECM Suite and specifically, the Media Manager Tool. This person will work closely with various graphic and product design teams as well as our photo studio and digital imagers to establish metadata standards and best practices in image archiving. This person will oversee the uploading, description, and retrieval of images produced by Fossil’s photography and art design teams. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading overall strategy and workflow of the Digital Asset Management system, including managing usage rights and facilitating asset uploading. This person will register internal and external users and apply access permissions, generate reports, and facilitate retrieval of previously cataloged images and shoots. This Archivist will create policies and procedures as necessary and will keep informed of latest DAM trends and innovations. Other duties as identified and assigned may be required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Energetic, patient self-starter with a positive attitude
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Effective communicator who enjoys working collaboratively and works well with multiple players
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work and communicate with non-technical end users
- Consistent and flexible
- Ability to demonstrate cost effectiveness of DAM
- Ability to take initiative in investigating new ideas and implementing change
- Three years experience in digital asset management (preferably managing creative assets)
- Master degree in Library Science or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of metadata provision, standards and schema
- Demonstrated knowledge of information organization and retrieval
- Project management experience
Brand Highlights Fossil is an American lifestyle brand, creatively rooted in authentic vintage and classic design. Fossil stands for the optimism and creativity at the heart of American culture. Inspired by vintage design, we take the best from the past and update it for today’s consumers. Since 1984, we have shared our quality products with our fans as we celebrate living an authentic life. As we approach our 30th anniversary, we will continue to reinvent the best of vintage culture with a modern eye.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC