1. Provides lead technical support for the library's website. Builds, tests, and manages production and development environments. Collaborates with library staff on development, maintenance, and/or redesign issues. Leads the maintenance and continual improvement of delivered services, development environments, system architectures and operational procedures. Monitors and implements appropriate standards and guidelines.
2. Configures, updates, and maintains customization of a content management system for the library's website, including the underlying database infrastructure. Designs and develops web applications in both development and production environments; installs software updates and patches as needed. Develops web functionality to provide optimal experiences for multiple devices using responsive design principles or similar techniques.
3. Manages application software, application infrastructure and third party application environments in the assigned field. This includes installation, upgrades and patches, tuning, creating links and interfaces between systems, developing application-specific security, performance monitoring and trouble-shooting. Tests, maintains, and monitors system processes using in-house and third party- tools. Work must be coordinated with other college departments (and other institutions) to ensure integration between systems.
4. Serves as the library's coordinator for the library's unified resource management system (or integrated library system). Duties include: configuring the functional areas of resource management, fulfillment, and discovery based on departmental needs; troubleshooting system problems; and coordinating system integration with other college departments. Serves as primary point of contact for system vendor for troubleshooting and enhancement requests. Involves extensive collaboration with multiple departments in the library, at the college, and regionally with other Orbis Cascade Alliance libraries.
5. Manages the library's servers. Position works collaboratively with Technology Solutions Services (TSS), the college's information technology department. Assists with the design, maintenance, and operation of specialized library systems (including, but not limited to, the proxy server and other library hosted web services).
Minimum Qualifications The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/Information Science/Informatics, Library Science, or Computer Science. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Two years experience working with an integrated library system and web development experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Website development and maintenance principles and practices; web accessibility and usability norms/guidelines.
- Cross-platform Web development and support
- Networking principles
- Integrated library systems
- Database management principles
- User interface issues and information architecture
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Content management system administration;
- [PREFERRED]Custom plugin/module development in Drupal;
- Multiple device/responsive web design;
- Developing and implementing digital information services;
- Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Database management
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
- Project management, consensus building, and problem solving;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and solve technical problems, learn new technologies, work on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
For more information, and to apply, please visit jobs.pcc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=54138. For best consideration, apply by July 30, 2013.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC