DescriptionCoutts Information Services Inc. is currently recruiting for a Supervisor, Cataloging to join our team in Fort Wayne, IN. This individual supervises the functions and activities within the Cataloging Department which include assisting in monitoring and developing associates to ensure maximum job knowledge and productivity. This position will be responsible for cataloging materials according to national and international standards as well as customer requirements. They will also assist in coordinating the cataloging and other activities performed in the distribution center to ensure that outgoing materials meet standards in terms of cataloging quality, timeliness and quantity. This individual will need to ensure that assigned associates represent Ingram / Coutts Library Services in the most professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and efficient manner.
Essential job duties in this role include:
- Catalogs materials in all formats in accordance with national and international standards and local requirements.
- Provides direction and leadership to a team of cataloging associates.
- Monitors cataloging production and incoming materials and works to provide balanced production in line with demand.
- Monitors quality of outgoing MARC and associated products to insure that user requirements are met. Works with team to resolve performance issues and department level issues that arise in quality reviews.
- Manages new customer integration into department, including but not limited to training, reviewing specifications, and developing workflows for optimum efficiency and quality.
- Acquires and maintains a high level of knowledge for all services provided by the Cataloging Department, as well as, policy and procedural knowledge to answer questions that may be asked by the Cataloging associates.
- Reviews and develops statistics as needed to manage and report on customer cataloging activity.
- Provides administrative support as required.
- Trains or oversees the training of newly hired associates.
- Interviews and assists in selection of associates for hire.
- Assists in evaluation of employee performance.
- Keeps abreast of cataloging standards, trends and practices and ensures that local work is in line with practice in the profession.
- ALA-accredited MLS required.
- 3 years original cataloging experience at the professional level in a library or library vendor setting.
- 1 year work experience using OCLC and an integrated library system.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
Demonstrated expertise with AACR2, RDA, LCSH, LC or Dewey classification schedules, and MARC21/OCLC formats.
Knowledge of integrated library catalog systems for example SirsiDynix, Polaris, III or ExLibris.
Ingram Content Group Inc. is a subsidiary of Nashville-based Ingram Industries Inc. The Content Group companies provide books, music and media content to over 39,000 retailers, libraries, schools and distribution partners in 195 countries. More than 26,000 publishers use Ingram’s fully integrated physical and digital distribution, logistics, and manufacturing solutions to access global consumer demand, and realize the full business potential of book content. For more information on Ingram and its operating units, visit www.ingramcontent.com.
Coutts Information Services Inc., an Ingram Content Group company, specializes in book and electronic content supply to the academic, government, corporate, public and institutional library and information sectors. Coutts’ services include the supply and full shelf-ready processing and cataloging of print monographs, the provision of standing order and approval plan services along with full seamless ILS integration covering both print and electronic content. Coutts is at the forefront of eBook provision to academic libraries. Coutts Information Services is a business of Ingram Content Group.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC