Discovery and Integrated Systems Coordinator Librarian II or III
The University of Massachusetts Amherst seeks candidates for the position of Discovery and Integrated Systems Coordinator. As the largest public academic research library in Massachusetts, we are a key partner in teaching, learning, and research at UMass Amherst and in the Commonwealth. By combining the latest information technology with excellent public service, the staff builds and maintains a rich information environment, facilitates access to it, and creates a place that functions as a hub of campus and community scholarly activity. The Discovery and Integrated Systems Coordinator provides creative leadership, supervision and management of various library information discovery systems and services. Works in a collaborative, team environment to support, maintain, and customize ALEPH, WorldCat Local and other discovery systems as appropriate. Tracks projects and ensures that approved services, upgrades, and enhancements are implemented in a timely manner and tested prior to release.
- Master’s degree in library science from an American Library Association accredited library and information studies program. Minimum of two years of experience in an academic library.
- Knowledge of library technologies including integrated library systems as well as newer and emerging technologies and their application for resource discovery, access and management. Experience with Aleph system preferred.
- Demonstrated success on team projects consisting of librarians, support staff, and programmers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and personalities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital technologies, applications, reporting, and utility tools.
- Demonstrated successful supervisory, management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of web design and usability principles as applied in a library environment.
- Knowledge of cataloging and metadata schemas.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, XML, and SQL.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills related to a technical environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, change and innovation.
- Strong service commitment to library users.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The University of Massachusetts is strongly committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. As part of a commitment to its own multicultural community, the Library seeks an individual with a demonstrated commitment to diversity and one who will understand and embrace University initiatives and aspirations.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH ADVERTISED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATIONS: Preference will be given to applications received by April 27, 2012. Send letter of interest, résumé, and the names of three professional references, to: Discovery and Integrated Systems Coordinator Search, Library Administrative Office, W.E.B. Du Bois Library, 154 Hicks Way, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-9275 or email us at email@example.com.
For information about the University and the Library, and a copy of the official job description, see our web site: http://www.library.umass.edu/jobs
The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC