Digital Research Services for the Sciences
Case Western Reserve University — Cleveland
1 other recent jobs
Created: June 26, 2013
DescriptionThe Digital Research Services Librarian for the Sciences position manages a portfolio of digital scholarship services for this discipline. (1) Digital services. Consult and partner with faculty and student researchers to support their research data life cycles by providing expertise in the digital project development and management (including tools, software, and repository). (2) Client Engagement. Market to, educate and engage faculty and students about e-scholarship and forge new collaborations and relationships that extend the Libraries’ capacity to support the University’s interdisciplinary initiatives in the humanities. (3) Collection Management. Participate in collection management, including the coordination, evaluation, and selection of print and electronic resources. (4) Research Support. Provide consultation and guidance for faculty and student to discover and manage print and electronic information resources effectively.
- An advanced degree in a science discipline (Master’s degree required, doctoral degree preferred). An additional ALA-accredited MLS preferred.
- Professional-level work experience in an academic library or equivalent research setting.
- Demonstrable understanding of the research processes employed in a range of disciplines with particular focus on the research data lifecycle.
- Demonstrated expertise employing digital tools for e-research, including big data management and curation, text mining, research practices relating to data, preservation, and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change.
Published: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 13:10 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC