Digital Technologies Development Librarian
North Carolina State University — Raleigh
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 30, 2012
DescriptionThe NCSU Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Digital Technologies Development Librarian in the Digital Library Initiatives department. Digital Library Initiatives develops and delivers an information environment that significantly advances end-user resource discovery and use of library services. As a member of the Digital Services Development group, the Digital Technologies Development Librarian works as an active member of a team that advances digital library services through applied research and application development, and manages the entire life cycle of projects, from requirements gathering to deployment.
The Digital Technologies Development Librarian provides technical leadership and hands-on programming expertise for a portfolio of digital library projects. In close collaboration with technical and non-technical partners across the Libraries, she or he identifies emerging technologies that have potential for new and improved library services. Working both independently and in team settings, the incumbent develops functional prototypes of new digital library services through an iterative, data-informed, and test-driven process that emphasizes performance, sustainability, and usability. The Digital Technologies Development Librarian maintains and provides enhancements to existing digital library applications and collaborates closely with Information Technology staff to develop and maintain supporting infrastructure. The incumbent participates in library planning and serves on library-wide committees, task forces, and teams. NCSU librarians are expected to be active professionally and to contribute to developments in the field. Reports to the Lead, Digital Services Development.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent advanced degree
- Server-side application development experience with one or more open source programming languages such as PHP, Python, or Ruby; as well as SQL
- Database development skills
- Evidence of ability for ongoing professional development and contribution
- Knowledge of user-centered design processes, including user studies and usage data analysis
- Experience in mobile application development and knowledge of mobile design principles
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Experience working on or contributing to open-source software projects
- Experience working in an academic library
See full vacancy announcement with application instructions at http://lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/epa/dtdl/va
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.
How to apply
Published: Friday, March 30, 2012 15:35 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC