Digital Initiatives Librarian
Created: June 26, 2013
Wright State University Dayton0 other recent jobs
DescriptionTo support the University Libraries’ scholarly communications, online publishing initiatives, and institutional repository.
Master’s degree in Library or Information Science (from an ALA accredited program) or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience; effective interpersonal and written communication skills; knowledge of metadata standards, such as Dublin Core
Knowledge of current trends and issues in scholarly publishing; working knowledge of licensing, author self-archiving/publishers’ policies; working knowledge of Digital Commons; experience with outreach and promotion; minimum one year experience working with institutional repositories and/or digital libraries
Essential Functions and percent of time:
Provide support for Libraries’ bepress Digital Commons platform (55% of time spent on this function)
- Upload content and write metadata for faculty, staff, and departmental materials
- Ensure submissions to CORE Scholar comply with copyright law and/or licensing restrictions and publishers’ policies
- Troubleshoot issues in CORE Scholar to ensure materials are displaying properly, OpenURL is functioning, and accessibility and usability standards are met
- Manipulate digitized materials and review metadata for ingestion into CORE Scholar
- Train and assist editors on using Digital Commons’ administrative tools/software
- Create and/or assist in the creation of faculty scholarship pages (SelectedWorks)
Recruit Scholarly Content for Institutional Repository (25% of time spent on this function)
- Develop outreach efforts and marketing plan to promote CORE Scholar to faculty
- Track recruitment efforts to develop departmental best practices
- Monitor and track campus activities/events that have potential content for CORE Scholar
- Systematically review publishing output of faculty at WSU
Monitor current developments in scholarly communications, authors’ rights, copyright law, open access, legislative initiatives, and institutional repositories and share expertise with faculty and Libraries’ staff.
Other Related Duties (5% of time spent on this function)
Participate in professional development and continuing education activities; serve on library and University Committees as required; other duties as assigned.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC