DescriptionThe Hague, Netherlands, 14 June 2013 -
Are you a driven, web native, marketing manager with a passion for making cultural heritage accessible to the public? Would you like to work in an English-speaking international team? Then come and join Europeana.
Europeana is a catalyst for change for cultural heritage. We have been transformative in opening up data and access to cultural heritage and now lead the world in accessible digital culture that will fuel Europe's digital economy. We ensure that every citizen, whether young or old, privileged or deprived, can be a digital citizen. Through Europeana today, anyone can explore 27 million digitised objects including books, paintings, films and audio.
Our office is based in the National Library of Netherlands in The Hague. You will work on a wide variety of European projects together with a network cultural institutions and creative industries from all over Europe to provide new forms of access to culture.
You will lead our Distribution and Engagement team. Its mission is to make cultural heritage available to users wherever they are and whenever they want it, to stimulate creative re-use of content, to inspire creativity and to engage people with their cultural heritage.
What will be the core responsibilities of this job?
As Team Leader you will be responsible for developing the team (5-9) and to foster a spirit of innovation and collaboration. Together with your colleagues you will develop and implement new concepts and strategies that will make our heritage available in new and surprising ways. You will:
- Explore new market opportunities (for example in tourism, creative re-use, app development, etc.) and develop targeted campaigns to bring new products to market
- Guide the team in the improvement of end-users services, by assessing end-users needs and working together with Product Development to create tools and services that can meet those needs best
- Develop strategies and partnerships to maximise the presence and impact of our partners' content (portal, themed micro-sites, social media, Wikipedia, etc.)
- Develop and implement engagement concepts and marketing plans that enable new ways for users to explore their heritage
- Develop successful projects, such as our family history collections 1914-1918 and 1989, into strong product lines
- Coordinating resource allocation and budgets
- Coordinating performance appraisals
- Providing guidance and coaching support individual team members
- Facilitate communication and information sharing within the team
- Represent the team within the organization and externally, facilitating connections between the team and the rest of the organization/network
- University degree
- Deep understanding of marketing strategies and techniques preferably in the sector we operate (Cultural heritage/eCulture)
- Understanding of web standards
- Coaching and team management skills
- Ability to motivate people, communicate and engage with different stakeholders
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- Creativity and ability to work well under pressure
- A robust work experience of minimum 6 years in marketing roles, of which at least 3 years in a management position
- Previous experience in an international and complex environment
You will have a good basic salary, which is in line with the Collective Labour agreement for Research Institutes Scale 12, depending on your experience and skills. Your monthly gross salary will be between EURO 4,042 – 5,048. Furthermore you will have: 42 days holiday per year, a holiday allowance (around 8%), an annual bonus (around 8%).
It's also important to know that we are based in the National Library of the Netherlands in The Hague, close to Central Station.
Willingness to travel is required for this job due to our European agenda of activities and projects.
How to apply?
Send us your CV (in English) with a covering letter outlining what interests you about this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any additional questions or require more information before deciding to apply, please send us an email.
You should respond before July 7.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:45 UTC
How to apply
Published: Monday, June 24, 2013 13:16 UTC